Saturday, February 26, 2011

What.

Yesterday was pretty boring. For most of the day I got to stay around the house resting.  HeeJun came back from a couple day seminar.  Funny thing is is that the day he left I got sick, and the day he came back I felt good. I don't know.  We ate at some fancy sandwhich shop which I was fine with.  Some marinated beef sandwhich, and a taco chicken sandwhich.  Taco chicken was eh.  But it was a step up from rice soup.  HeeJun told me that you know your a foreigner when you can eat a sandwhich after you are sick. Korean's truly can't stand sandwhich's or hamburgers when they are sick, and that it is torture.  Instead they have a special food called Oxblood soup.  Yes, they prefer oxblood over a sandwhich when they are sick. What. After eating HeeJun showed a bunch of pictures that he had.  He had thousands that he had converted from regular photos to digital, and it had taken him 5 straight days of scanning.  They were pretty amazing.  The most impressive ones were of HeeYoungs Swiss hotel management school pictures.  I think Wa'fools should look into it.  The school was a former castle, that overlooks a valley surrounded by Swiss Alps.  Ski resort within walking distance. After pictures, I packed and was ready to go, then HeeJun asked me if I wanted to go out for a short snack.  Sure. 4 hours later, 3 of them driving around the city of Seoul we were back home.  I got to see an interesting street where they hand these really shallow rooms lit with pink lights and huge windows where scantily clad women were waving at the passing drivers. HeeJun said feminists have tried outlawing them. Tahaha.  Today, I took the KTX train down to Kimhae with HeeJun.  Boring ride, but both HeeJun and I were both surprised at how nice Kimhae is.  Its not Seoul, but its pretty impressive.  The dorms are empty right now except for another guy, so it's super creepy.  It's also surprising cold. Before HeeJun left we had a final meal.  Rice burgers.  The "bun" is made up of rice, and the meat is bulgogi.  Ill take a picture next time.  I have my own bathroom and shower, which is chill, but the door has no lock, and the shower is seethrough. Needless to say many people will either have the privelage of walking in on me while taking a dump or seeing my junk hanging.  
Me and my new friend (the other person who is in the dorm now) have a funny guide to take around the area a bit.  I didn't know his name because I didn't listen when he told me so I asked my friend, alas, he couldn't understand him. 
As if you could see me right now, but I'm listening to Korean music while I write. It's pretty rough.
My time in Seoul with HeeJun was good, as I learned many encouraging things.  First off, being fat, no excuse.  I love Korean philosophy.  Second, college in the U.S. is superior to Korean colleges.  First thing I'm buying when I get home is a Sierra college hoodie. Represent.  Lastly, I really love the fact that you cannot drink the tap water.  It seriously is a nice change of pace having to use a special filter that is located a floor below you to get drink of water.
Typical traffic.  Those two cars are supposed to be going straight

A typical back alley near Olympic Apts.
Enough for today, you don't deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment