Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My liver. byebye pt. 2

Pusan sucked.  Why you ask?  Well, rather than see things or do stuff, we went shoe shopping the entire day.  There was a huge underground shopping area, but there was at least a 50-1 ratio of women's to men's stores.  Then we went to Nampodong, which is a really famous and popular outdoor shopping area.  They have food vendors, clothing vendors, and a bunch of nice clothing, cosmetic, and shoe stores lining the streets.  But still, as interesting as the area was, it was exausting to have to keep going into women's shoe stores over and over again.  My friend Ben from Minnesota reminds me of a teenage girl.  He seriously loves to shop, and if you hint at anything that you want to look he says, "I'm down" and quickly shoots into the store.  He was so desperate to get a cardigan that he was willing to try on women's clothing that looked like cardigans.  When we told him it looked fine, even though we were a bit put off and pretty much just joking, he would pull out his wallet and try to get it.  It was like, Ben, the sleeves go just past your elbows and the shoulders won't fit.  MMk.  By the end of the day however, I found a leather jacket that I was able to bargain down a bunch load.  I obviously look awesome in it.  My arrogance was only confirmed when the store keeper (doesn't count) and every other person I know told me how good I looked.  But whatever, I don't let those things get to my head.  When we got back, we tried to go to the Biotech building where food is served, but we missed it by five minutes.  However the old ladies felt bad and gave us a huge bowl of frosted flakes.  That's cool.  On Sunday morning, right after I had breakfast I went out with my roommate and his buddies to eat a famous kind of soup.  It's pretty much plain rice, with plain broth with onions and some other crap.  It's famous for when you have a hangover.  My roommate paid for my soup which was nice, but now I owe him.  I don't remember what I did the rest of the day, aside from hanging out with Jenny, who went with us to Pusan, and watching Inception.  I'm sick of that movie.  I also introduced Ben to Kpop, which is crap music, and the next day he had like 15 albums downloaded and he was listening to that crap.  ok.  oh shit I almost forgot.  On Monday? Or maybe Sunday.  I think it was Tuesday.  No Monday, I played soccer.  With Ben and Amy at first on a hard court.  Then we asked some young highschoolers to play ball with us.  They ripped us.  but then the game got pretty big.  Two Swedes, us, a bunch more little high schoolers, my buddy Jin, and some other guy had a solid game going.  After being a nonfactor for most of the game I decided I would show off.  One attempt at a hard pivot on the hard court and my ankle. Boom.  Twisted like a pretzel.  It was the loudest I've yelled F*** ever before.   I also stubbed my toe really bad on the concrete wall while limping off the court.  Everyone was shocked at how wounded I was because I was hobbling so hard.  But some cream later I was better the next day. 
My classes are not that boring.   I'm getting good at writing the letters and words, and I feel I'm learning things.  I'm also glad I studied before because I can follow pretty well what the Teachers are saying while some of the others can't.  Our first class on Monday was cooking class, which was awful because I put to much salt in my dish.  They were these little cylinder shaped pork tofu egg battered then fried things.  On Tuesday we had TaeKwonDo, but we didn't do anything physical.  Just listened to the Teacher talk in Korean to the other student's in the class and occasionaly look at our group, say something then laugh.  Whatever.  Then we had our first ET class.  I had it with my buddies Jiwon and Inseok.  Plus 10 other people or so.  Essentially in those classes, the people are supposed to talk in English and help each other out with sentences and such.  While I'm there to monitor and correct intonation, grammar, and whatnot.  We had a 10 minute introduction and then went to Kenny Rogers bar to drink.  The girls really liked me and showed me pictures of a famous Korean actor that I look like.  Anyways, once again, I had a bit much, and found myself having a long long night.  But actually, today we had Kindergarten class, and while I was still very groggy and out of it, the little kids cheered me up.  They had to write their names down, and color their name tags.  After a few minutes of them not doing much, they started to become quite wild and kept beckoning me to suck my nostrils in and make faces at them.  It quickly turned them for quiet shy kids to little monsters jumping on me.  But i like my group quite a lot, and the teacher had tostop the kids from running out the door and after me.  Then we had a Korean culture demonstration by two ladies in hanboks, and a young girl.  I wanted to fall asleep, not because it was boring, but because I went back to being groggy.  But we got to try on the hanboks, and we took pictures.  And while we were taking pictures outside, my roommate and his friends came by and laughed.  Then took pictures on their cell phones.  Whatever.  Anyways, I'm going to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment